Here are some final pics of how the boat turned out after some 15 hours of building. It's probably worth noting that it didn't take that long because I didn't know what I was doing (well some stuff I did ask Tony about!). But because I wanted to take that long to ensure the boat was well built and no silly mistakes were made. Hopefully this will stand the boat in good stead for the stick that I will be giving it over the coming months...…
Added by James Crewe on July 27, 2010 at 7:19pm —
As of four days ago, Ning has expanded and incorporated their paid subscription plans. Due to increasing and recent activity, Warehouse Hobbies has graciously offered to foot the bill to pay for all of what is available through Ning's most expansive plan offered to date.
I think that this forum is just coming along excellent and you guys are really stepping up with helping each other and sharing your model boating and personal experiences. Over the past six months many friends… Continue
Added by Tony Castronovo on July 27, 2010 at 12:30pm —
So with most of the parts assembled the radio tray is now looking like this (note the dual antennas for the Spektrum MR3000 receiver). Also note the inclusion of the WHobbies Power Rod switch. This cant go in many places as access to the switch needs to be easy, so this was the best place I could come up with as any lower would make access to difficult.
Added by James Crewe on July 26, 2010 at 4:51pm —
So, on to the main event, well for me anyway as I had some plans for the radio box...
I had noticed that on a lot of the pics that the wiring was somewhat on show on all of the radio boxes and made them look a little untidy. So I set about trying to tidy the whole thing up a little. I planned to use a 5 cell nicad for the battery box so the hole for the battery should be fine, but the hole for the receiver is way to big for the tiny Spektrum MR3000. I also planned to hide… Continue
Added by James Crewe on July 26, 2010 at 4:34pm —
After fitting the rudder assembly the next task was to fit the trim tabs. The kit consists of the trim tabs themselves, 8 screws and the various screws nuts & bolts to allow the tabs to be adjusted. These are mounted to the transom (one each side) by the four (per side) screws provided, again using a little silicone sealant to ensure a good watertight fit. The instructions clearly show how the adjusters are assembled and fitted to the tab, so I wont go in to detail… Continue
Added by James Crewe on July 24, 2010 at 3:30pm —
Next up was the fitment of the drive assembly, which was nice as I got to break out some of the lovely anodised parts. The kit consisted of the main drive assembly (pre assembled at WHobbies) the drive shaft and a couple screws, washers and a nyloc nut. Its was also time to break out the grease...… Continue
Added by James Crewe on July 23, 2010 at 5:14pm —
The next task was the fitment of the water pump and its associated plumbing. This kit consisted of the pump, a foam pump mount, some neoprene tubing and numerous cable ties. It also calls for fitment of the water pick that is located on the transom.…
Added by James Crewe on July 21, 2010 at 4:44pm —
As the engine was already in place the next task on the list appeared to be the fitment of the exhaust and header. This kit consisted of the exhaust itself and a bag containing a header, O-ring, gasket, 2 x screws & washers, an exhaust coupler and 4 tie wraps.…
Added by James Crewe on July 18, 2010 at 5:42am —
So after the boat stand had been assembled it was time to get down to the boat itself. Trying to follow the instructions as best I could; the first task was to fit the fuel tank. The instructions stated that the engine had been fitted for shipment purposes only and should be removed. I didn’t do this as there seemed to be no need as the next task… Continue
Added by James Crewe on July 16, 2010 at 4:00pm —
Ok so after all the initial excitment was over it was time to start thinking about the build. The first job was to assemble the boat stand to allow me to set the boat up on the table.
This is the contents of the box including the instructions. Things to note is that the instructions refer to… Continue
Added by James Crewe on July 12, 2010 at 6:14pm —
It's finally here and it looks bloody great. Over the coming days I will attempt to post a short build diary of the build of my Magnum 57. I hope this may help some others in the future and maybe be a good topic for discussion. For now some pics of the day it arrived...
Box number 1 (canopy,… Continue
Added by James Crewe on July 12, 2010 at 5:47pm —